Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Last Night Blues

Tonight, Sadly, is my last night here at Mammoth Caves National Park. I would normally have some crazy story about something I did with all the "people" I met... But I just met people tonight! They're cool people too :( ... But I'll get over it (after I get their numbers). It just so happened that Jeremy and Lisa had reservations here at some of the same time as us!!! So Kacey and Even have worked me to death swinging them on this tire swing at the playground. It's all in good fun though!! Yesterday we went on an amazing tour called the Violet City Lantern       tour. HIGHLY recommended. We traveled to a part of the cave where NO other groups go. There are no lights, no electric wires, no sign of civilization but the Indian Markings, The remains of a TB study, and Names smoked onto walls from the early 1800's. It was AH-MAZING. That means a lot coming from a person who has traveled through WAY too many caves in her life! There was no photography aloud on this tour (well, no flash photography, In a cave lit only but oil lantern light that means none.) so I don't have pictures from it... You'll have to go see it your self!! Today I met some guys named Matt and - (no idea what the other guy's name is) (don't really care either). ahah! They seem to be really cool! The little ones had me push them on a tire swing today... They referred to my 'casted' foot, which I used to push them with, SUPER FOOT! I figured that that was one way of looking at things! Well I guess thats It... Until Next time...
Your Inspired, tired, longing for some friend time author, -Brookie

No comments:

Post a Comment